Job Description : Just to give you a brief introduction - Originally founded in KSA, Company, is the fastest growing Edtech startup in the region with more than 1.5 Million users and expanding to all the MENA markets throughout the upcoming 2 years.We are on our way to disrupt tutoring and change millions of lives. We are looking for a senior web engineer to join an autonomous, cross-functional agile team. You will work with members of your team to build features and scalable architecture for web applications and services within Company. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. We value fundamental elements of practical web application development, such as agile engineering methods backed by a deep understanding of software engineering best practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world learn and educate. We just finished an investment round and WE'RE HIRING! If you're interested in such a massive, lasting impact on how people learn and grow, please let us know! We're always looking for top talent.
What You’ll Do
● Lead and work with the team to plan, design and build solutions
● Build and maintain scalable applications
● Bind our front and back end services together
● Monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs
● Deliver modern, testable and maintainable code
● Collaborate with software engineers, product owners, designers, and analysts
● Ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be
● Share knowledge, evangelize best practices, and collaborate with some of the best developers in the business as a member of the Company web guild
Who You Are
● You have at least 5+ years of experience in Web Development
● You have experience working in an agile environment, and are comfortable pushing teams to improve their ways of working
● You are adaptable and resourceful and you are able to develop effective solutions to problems
● You know how to build user-friendly, data-rich web applications
● You care about web technologies, exploring data, usability, design and learning.
● You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
● You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
● You value team success over personal success
Nice to haves
A degree in Computer Science or a similar area, Edtech industry experience, familiarity with data and analytics
● Work directly with the founding members of Company.
● Flexible work hours.
● Full freedom to explore and engineer in best way.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world educate.